In the middle of the championship party of the bavarian basketball team, uli hoeneb was not amused by this question about the transfer policy of his fubball players.
The head of the club, who has just returned from vacation, did not want to talk about when the munich double winners will present their next new additions.
"We have so far already spent 120 million. I have to be honest, it’s getting on my nerves that people only define themselves by what they buy," hoeneb complained. "We have just won two titles and we should all celebrate for now."He could assure that there would be "a good team on the pitch" for the bundesliga opener.
Even for an interim conclusion of the munich transfer activities it is much too early, the transfer window is still open until 2. September open. Until the start of training on 8. July, when hansi flick also takes up his coaching duties as a new assistant at the side of head coach niko kovac, however, no further moves are expected at the german record champion.
The full-bodied hoeneb promise made in february ("if you knew what we have already secured for the coming season, you would have been very happy…") raised the hopes of many fans for a top addition in the good class of a leroy sane.
With the courted international player a remain at manchester city is emerging. Hoeneb and chairman karl-heinz rummenigge had repeatedly pointed out that the costly sane project was a very difficult undertaking. Although the people of munich were presumably prepared to make a record-breaking investment for the 23-year-old. But the flugel star is said – at least according to the english boulevard – to have announced his preference among friends for another season on the island. Sane has not yet positioned itself publicly.
New to bayern so far are the french world champions lucas hernandez (atletico madrid/80 million euros) and benjamin pavard (vfb stuttgart/35). In addition, the estimated three million euros expensive fiete arp from hamburger SV as a supplementary player. This contrasts with the departures of arjen robben, franck ribery, rafinha, james rodriguez and mats hummels. Renato sanches repeatedly announced that he would rather play elsewhere than sit on the bench at bayern in the new season.
Hoeneb was unable to say shortly after his summer vacation whether hummels’ move back to borussia dortmund for more than 30 million euros will affect jerôme boateng’s future with the munich club. "I was on vacation and will have to find out next week," said the president on sunday evening. At the double party at the end of may at munich city hall, the 67-year-old had suggested that the central defender should change clubs.
Hoeneb is pleased that flick has been confirmed as a new member of the coaching staff. "This is a very good decision, because we need a man who works with the youth and who integrates. This was an express wish of niko kovac," said the president.
Praise for munich’s "very smart move" came from dfb director oliver bierhoff. "Niko kovac will have an absolutely competent, loyal co-coach with him," said bierhoff, who knows the 54-year-old flick very well from their time together at the DFB.