News

Three relics are buried in the new altar in burgpreppach

Three relics are buried in the new altar in burgpreppach

On sunday, 10. December, at 4 p.M., the time has come: after extensive remodeling and renovation work, the catholic church will once again be available for worship purposes. This happened with the consecration of the altar of celebration by auxiliary bishop ulrich boom.
"For all of burgpreppach, the celebration of the altar dedication will be a hopeful and unique event", according to an announcement passed on by churchwarden manfred braterschofsky. Consecration of the altar means that a block of stone becomes an altar and thus a permanent and particularly qualified symbol of jesus christ.
Traditionally, relics of saints are also buried in a new altar. They are supposed to be a sign of the universal community of believers that reaches through all times. In the christian faith, respect should be paid to all the dead, especially to those who have an important meaning for people who have lived their christianity in a special way. Relics are to keep her in memory, and so three relics are also buried in the new altar in burgpreppach. On the one hand, there are relics of st. Burkard, the first bishop of wurzburg, an anglo-saxon benedictine monk who died in 753. In addition, the new altar will contain a relic of st. Restituta, a martyr from north africa, and a relic of blessed father engelmar unzeit, who died in the dachau concentration camp as a martyr of charity and was beatified last year.
Meeting place for the celebrations will be the castle chapel in the left wing of the burgpreppach castle. It has served as a church room for the parish during the months of construction work on the church. From here, a solemn procession entered the newly lit house of worship. There, the auxiliary bishop will perform the consecration rite during a festive service and also bless the new ambo and baptismal font.
After the service, all visitors are invited to a reception in the parish hall. 

News

Cake fire in kulmbach hans-hacker-strabe ends smoothly

Cake fire in kulmbach hans-hacker-strabe ends smoothly

As the head of the kulmbach fire department, michael weich, told us on request, two people had forgotten their food on the stove on the fourth floor of a residential building in hans-hacker-strabe. This caused a fire and a considerable amount of smoke to develop.

The total of six apartments had to be evacuated because the smoke had spread throughout the entire stairwell.

The firefighters were able to pull the pot from the stove and extinguish it in the coil, so that no further damage was caused by fire or extinguishing water. The stairwell was then ventilated with an air truck so that the residents could return to their apartments.

News

Laschet: lawless areas will not be tolerated in nrw

Laschet: lawless areas will not be tolerated in nrw

"Lawless spaces will not be tolerated in north rhine-westphalia," laschet said in dusseldorf on friday. The zero tolerance principle applies: "those who tried to challenge the state in duisburg were told by the interior minister: "we have a long breath." I underline this in full."

When police officers arrested an 18-year-old man wanted on a warrant in marxloh on tuesday, residents came up to them and threatened the police officers. At the same time, about 200 people gathered on the street in front of the house where the arrest took place.

With the support of numerous forces and the threat of pepper spray, the arrested could be brought to the patrol car. On the way insulted present officials and spat in their direction. An unspecified number of people had "clan connection" according to the police. Two days earlier there had been a similar incident.

News

Tax investigators investigate ibc solar

tax investigators investigate ibc solar

Theresa schiffl as the public prosecutor’s office hof announced in a press report, the company IBC solar is being investigated after a search. The company is said to have evaded around 23 million euros in import duties.

The hof public prosecutor’s office, together with the munich customs investigation office, based in nurnberg, is investigating those responsible for the company on suspicion of tax evasion, committed through the purchase of previously falsely declared solar modules from china. IBC solar spokeswoman annika bloem said: "we are cooperating fully with the authorities and are still evaluating the facts ourselves. Therefore, we are not yet able to make any statements about the current proceedings."

Already on 29. In october, around 70 customs investigators, together with tax investigators from nurnberg, searched the company’s headquarters in bad staffelstein and the private residences of the board members.

School

Luster pragte the green bamberg

Luster pragte the green bamberg

After the state garden show is over, a man is remembered without whom the bamberger green spaces would have been much poorer: viktor luster (1882-1962). 50 years ago, on 15. October, he passed away. His appointment, when bamberg was looking for a successor for the aged city gardener gunzelmann in 1919, only zogerlich in the closer french surroundings, had gained momentum when the respected gardener and okonomierat robert mayer stepped in. At that time, luster was the municipal garden master in altona, hamburg's preubian neighboring city.

The then 39-year-old teacher's son from kirdorf in the taunus region had worked for the gardening firms specializing in decorative gardens in the lunar spa town of homburg v.D. Learned high school, then worked in charlottenburg, dresden and gnesen, so had been around a lot. From 1896 in the municipal service of altona, he became familiar at an early age with the rough reform plans and garden plans of this large city. It was recommended by none other than his supreme boss ferdinand tutenberg (1874-1949), who had been reforming green policy in altona as director of horticulture since 1913.

Tautness of form

News

Hundreds at the new georgenritt

Hundreds at the new georgenritt

"We will definitely come back next year!" Christine leicht from bischberg really gets into the black. For this first st. Georgenritt in baunach came almost with the whole family: children, dogs, horses, what had room in car and horse trailer. From the french day they had learned of the event and promptly registered and on sunday when looking for parking first a bit lost. No problem "everyone was totally helpful and friendly". The bischberger is full of praise for the premiere event of the pferdefreunde franken association. "This is one of the most beautiful georgenritt far and wide."
Of a good 25 riders who had come with their steeds from all over the region to the northern district, association chairwoman michaela hohlstein reports happily. The association sees this as a confirmation and for the first ride as a pleasing number of participants. Just as many pet owners took part with their dogs and also the population from baunach and the surrounding area did not want to miss the opportunity to come up to the "love cross" to pull.
A total of several hundred people joined the long procession, estimates the association’s chairwoman.

As planned, many riders of different styles – western, english – turned up and got talking to each other on the ride to the cross. "A western rider from schlusselfeld even wanted to let me on his horse", christine remarks, slightly impressed. She was impressed by the beautiful devotion of pastoral advisor birgit soffler, who explained the ecclesiastical background of the ride in a child-friendly way – a reverence to the patron saint of horsemen and horses, st. George. The songs – played by the baunach town band – were deliberately chosen to be joyful, michaela hohlstein makes it clear.

She has already been asked whether this was really a catholic devotion. Was she, she could always assure the questioners. After the prayer service, the worshippers received the church’s blessing, as did the four-legged friends – dogs and horses.
Due to the good response, the organizers have decided to hold the event again next year, presumably on the 28th. April (the sunday after the name day of the patron saint) in baunach the second st. Georgenritt will give.

Health

“Young doctors need to be supported”

Bamberg – "the future medical supply is also in our region a rough challenge, which must be mastered", CSU city councilor and member of the board of trustees of the bamberg social foundation, gerhard seitz, writes in a press release. The nationwide shortage of specialists has been noticeable for several years, especially in the health care sector, and particularly in the medical field. Hospitals outside universities and large cities are finding it increasingly difficult to fill their assistantships, and it is becoming more and more difficult for colleagues in private practice to find successors for their practices.
Since the social foundation is responsible for the health care of the citizens in the bamberg region, it has a duty to encourage and support young doctors in bamberg and the region general practitioner and specialist practices. The current financial conditions for a practice takeover are rather favorable at the moment due to low sales prices and low interest rates.
"The management of the social foundation should therefore help young colleagues who have been trained in our company to take over practices", so seitz. This not only raised the profile of the foundation, but also resulted in a trusting cooperation with the social foundation’s institutions.
At the same time, it would be important for the social foundation to think about new forms of cooperation and, if necessary, to establish and operate medical care centers (mvzs) together with physicians in private practice. Because regardless of how sensible and goal-oriented the health policy in berlin is assessed by the physicians in private practice and the clinics, both must nevertheless implement it and ensure reliable and good care for the citizens of the city and the country. Seitz has meanwhile submitted his request as a motion to the foundation council.

News

Schengen: states want border controls on their own

Schengen: states want border controls on their own

EU interior ministers agreed in principle on a corresponding reform of the schengen area of freedom of travel on thursday in luxembourg.

This will earn them a severe scolding from the EU commission and the european parliament, which must give its approval. Both demand joint decisions at the european level and threaten legal action before the european court of justice (eugh) if parliament is excluded – as planned by the ministers – from reviewing whether schengenlanders also comply with the required standards.

According to the ministers, schengen-landers should be allowed to close their borders again for more reasons and longer than before. A new "emergency clause" takes effect when large numbers of illegal immigrants enter the eu. The prerequisite was that a state – for example, greece – could no longer protect its borders despite EU aid and that the internal security of other states was "massively threatened.". Countries were then allowed to guard the borders again for two years. So far, controls of 30 days are only allowed for major events such as soccer matches and for 10 days after emergencies such as terrorist attacks. This should also be allowed in the future.

News

Professional cyclist jakobsen apparently in danger of his life after a crash

professional cyclist jakobsen apparently in danger of his life after a crash

The images of the fall alone make people fear the worst. Dutch professional cyclist fabio jakobsen crashed directly into the barriers at high speed during the finish sprint of the tour of poland and remained lying motionless.

According to initial information, the 23-year-old, who had been pushed off by his compatriot dylan groenewegen, is apparently in danger of losing his life. Only last year, the tour was overshadowed by the death of belgian bjorg lambrecht.

According to the world governing body UCI, the 23-year-old is in serious condition. He is said to have suffered severe head injuries and to have been placed in an artificial coma. "The condition is very serious. His life is in danger. He lost a lot of blood, but he was successfully intubated and his airway was clear. We gave him oxygen. The heart worked well," explained race doctor barbara jerschina on polish television polsat. "Our thoughts and our prayers are with fabio jakobsen," his team deceuninck-quick step announced.

News

Eu states agree on new sanctioning instrument

Eu states agree on new sanctioning instrument

Human rights violations in countries such as china, russia or saudi arabia will be much easier for the european union to sanction in the future.

Representatives of the member states agreed on a corresponding regulation on wednesday evening in brussels, as EU diplomats confirmed to the german press agency. It has been negotiated in recent weeks under the current german EU presidency and is to be officially agreed at a meeting of eu ministers next monday.

The new regulation will reportedly make it possible to freeze assets of actors who commit or profit from serious human rights violations. In addition, entry bans are to be imposed on individuals.